In order to keep your home as safe and secure as possible, there are a number of steps you’ll need to take—one of the most important of which is securing all the entry points to your home, such as all of your windows and doors. While this type of project may seem overwhelming, it is an easy way to prevent your home from being targeted by burglars, and can provide you with peace of mind.
If you’re looking for some tips to enhance your home’s security with your windows and doors, keep reading as the experts at Red Rock Windows and Doors provide expert advice on how to secure your home’s windows and doors.
Securing Your Home’s Windows
Securing your home’s windows, especially first-floor windows, is key to enhancing your home’s security. Thankfully, there are numerous approaches you can take to do so. For example, you can consider installing:
- Motion-detecting lights, which turn on in the event that there is activity outside the window
- Window bars, which provide an additional barrier to prevent burglars from getting into your home
- Window security film, which can prevent your windows’ glass from being broken
- Tamper-proof security screws, which will make your windows harder to open
- Security sensors, which will let you know if any window is opened
- Glass break sensors, which will alert you if any glass is shattered
Securing Your Home’s Doors
Securing your home’s windows is important—but by far, burglars have the most success entering a home through its doors. That’s why it’s critical that you take steps to secure them. To do so, you can install:
- A security door – A security door provides an additional barrier to your home. These doors are made with enhanced security features that make them difficult to break into.
- Additional locks – You can enhance your doors’ security by installing additional locks.
- Security cameras – Consider having a security camera, such as a doorbell camera, installed by your front door. You can also have them installed by any other exterior doors in your home.
- Motion-detecting lights – It’s also a good idea to have motion-detecting lights installed by your exterior doors. If this isn’t possible, consider keeping the outdoor lights on overnight to deter potential intruders.
- Security sensors – Like with your windows, you can install security sensors on your exterior doors so that you receive an alert in the event that they are opened.
Need New Windows or a Security Door?
Do you need new windows or a security door installed to make your home more secure? If so, the experts at Red Rock Windows and Doors can help. We offer a variety of well-made windows and doors that are equipped with enhanced security features to help make your home as safe as possible, and we’ll install them with the utmost care and precision so that they function as intended for years to come.
To begin the process of making your home more secure with new windows or doors, contact us today and schedule your initial consultation.